Monday, October 25, 2010

FOR THE LOVE OF IT

I don't know why this always happens to me, but from time to time, I get stuck in awkward conversation with other women about wanting to have kids. It usually goes something like this: they ask if I'm going to have babies, and I reply with yes, one day... and then they look me in the eye with suspicion and say in a lowered tone:

"It's very hard work you know."

What do people take me for? I wasn't born yesterday. At this exact moment, I take a deep breath and, I reply with:

"Oh yes, I can imagine it is."


I know my whole life will be turned upside down when I have kids. There will be times when  I want to tear my hair out, plus more. Days where I wish I could send them back where they came from! I've seen the unglamourous side of parenting with my own eyes and yes, it is HARD.


I know it's going to be hard, but I'd rather work hard to have family, than work hard for anything else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment