Monday, January 24, 2011

I WANT A PIECE OF SEB LESTER

Limited edition? Say no more! Seb Lester is a talented type designer, illustrator and artist (AKA the 'type king' at my house). His amazing typeface/font creations are utterly silencing, so one thing is for sure: his work is type candy for the eyes.

He's produced some limited edition art prints - this beautiful one is called Stars.


"A quote by a man who needs no introduction, Vincent Van Gogh. The words had an immediate resonance with me and I knew I had to do something with them. On close inspection you'll see the lettering I developed is made up of hundreds of thousands of tiny stars."


Ok, and now this one is called Dreams:


"With 'Dreams' I really wanted to push myself creatively and technically to produce something showy, intricate and hopefully beautiful."

"Hopefully beautiful" he says. It's completely beautiful. I want both prints and already know where they'd go when I move to my new place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment