Sunday, September 27, 2009

London Fashion Weekend

Yesterday I went to London Fashion Weekend which was really good. First stop was the Luella stand! There was alot of the same stuff they had in March and it seemed clothing wise the left overs were too big and the sample sizes were too small. As I was contemplating over some long trench coats I had one of those 'It's a small world!" moments. I saw a girl who had been in my group on my 'Introduction to the Fashion Idustry' Short Course at London College of Fashion (LCF), which I did summer 2008. She is from Birmingham, and a year older than me, but is now doing a foundation design course at LCF. It was so strange to see her after a year, and we were both in the same Luella stand at London Fashion Weekend. It is a small world.

In the end I bought 2 Luella Bags making my collection of Designer Bags include a total of 3 items! They are all a bit bright and not normal. I really love my Mulberry which was a christmas present from my dad and with the other two costing only £75 and £40 for the quality real leather, and suede interiors, they were a beautiful bargain. I really need one that is more neutral, say black, white or brown, or maybe even that terracotta colour. I would like a classic aswell, a Chanel 2.55, or any Chanel for that matter im not too fussy. A Gucci perhaps? or a Prada? a Chloe? Just as long as it is not brightly coloured or metallic.

Pink - Luella (Margo)
Gold - Luella (Agnes)
Purple - Mulberry s/s 09 (Roxanne A4 Tote)


Next I came across this B-E-A-UTIFUL faux fur coat at the DKNY Jeans stand. I fell in love and tried it on and then the woman told me it was a sample of the a/w 09 collection and won't be in stores until October. When it goes on sale it will retail at around £580, I got it for £150. I checked the sample label inside aswell which clarified this information.

I found some beautiful stuff at the PPQ stand aswell. I bought a cute brown/black cardigan (seen below) and a colourful paisly dress. I have no idea what season they are but its PPQ none the less so who cares. The sales assistant had a sidewards plait like they had on the a/w catwalk. I wish my hair was long enough to do that with.
Apparently this is how you are supposed to wear your hair this season :| ...


Faux Fur Coat - DKNY Jeans a/w 09
Cardigan - PPQ
Skirt - Urban Outfitters
Tights - Customised
Shoes - Preen at Topshop

I also got a free goodybag with my ticket which had a free Britney Spears 'Believe' perfume in it which I was ecstatic about, being the Britney fan I am. My mum gave me hers aswell. The catwalk show was also excellent and I overall had a very good day.

I was wondering if anybody else has a designer handbag? Which one? Whats in it? That would be a great post infact.
I would love to do a post 'What's in your Handbag?' with pictures of what you girlies, aswell as myself, have in our handbags. I would of course link your blog in the post and add you too the blog roll. I would need enough entries though so if you would like to participate just send me a picture of whats in your handbag (with a picture of your handbag aswell would be preferred) to my email...
either : little_miss_fashion10@hotmail.com or jasminemeaden@hotmail.co.uk


J xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment