Sunday, August 29, 2010

BUCKET LIST: AMALFI COAST

The Talented Mr Ripley (starring Jude Law, Matt Damon and Gwyneth Paltrow) came out in 1999. I remember picking up a copy of Harper's Bazaar and reading about the travel locations where the film was shot. Gwyneth Paltrow said she loved filming throughout coastal Italy. There were lots of pretty pictures of Amalfi Coast, so I ripped those pages out for my reference...


I put Amalifi Coast on my bucket list... and hello... ten years later, I was very fortunate to cross it off when my husband and I visited a few months ago during our honeymoon. 
Bonjourno!
The view from our hotel balcony
We went to the beach and hired 2 sun loungers
Ate pizza...
Paid a visit to Amalfi Duomo, the famous cathedral
Saw a funny drinking fountain in the middle of the cathedral square
The restaurant opposite our hotel

Amalfi Coast is super romantic. It's geographically smaller than I thought it would be, but I couldn't imagine it any other way. There's something about outdoor dinners by candle light, walking through the city eating gelato and listening to old men singing Italian songs through the cobblestoned streets. So cliched, yet so very good in the corniest sense ever.

We stayed at Hotel Luna Convento, a 4 star hotel, which used to be a medieval convent in 1222. The breakfast buffet and hot chocolate there was incredible: 10/10. GRAZIE! We made pigs of ourselves but when you're on honeymoon, that's what you've gotta do right? Love it!
My overall travel rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment