Monday, February 15, 2010

We are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.

         Excuse the bad photoshopping.
Hoodie - Urban Outfitters
Skirt - Urban Outfitters
Top- Topshop
Bag - Mulberry
Bracelet - Pandora
Necklace - Eygpt
Converse
So today I went to Enfield town.
A) I finally found i-D magazine, in the mens interest section. For a start its not a mens magazine, its unisex, and it used to be in the womens fashion section so you can't just decide one day that it is going to be a mens magazine. Why is there not a unisex section? I mean Wired and New Scientist are in the mens interest section, next to FHM & Nuts. Thats a little bit sexist, that suggests women are not in to science and cannot enter a career in medicine, and also forbids women to have any interest in technology. Is this or is this not the 21st century?

B) On the bus home some girls got on and looked about 13, but were really short, and got asked for their oyster cards and said they were 10. This only really shocked me because they were wearing leggings and mini skirts and tights with real Uggs and Abercrombie and Jack Wills hoodies. They were talking about fashion and shopping and trying to be all grown up, but then when the bus door wouldn't shut properly, like the immature 10 year old they were started laughing like loons. Totally juxterposed themselves there.
Point is though that back in 2002 when I was 10 I didn't get anything better than Tammy Girl. I was still recovering from the 90s grunge look wearing 'grunger jeans' and grey hoodies, with slogan t-shirts and long wavy hair (yeah I was a misfit, lol.) I didn't even know what Jack Wills was. They are going to grow out of it, I mean what a waste of money! It just irritates me.
There is just too much pressure to grow up fast these days. I would have rejected that statement when I was that age, but now I guess it's true.

I am going to London Zoo tomorrow :) How cool am I! I probably haven't been there since I was 10. Should be awesome.

J xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment