Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Body Art.


I have always been brought up being told 'Never get a tattoo... they are a waste of money... will look nasty when your old... you will regret it...' etc.
But as Oscar Wilde famously wrote "Youth is wasted on the young."
I think if something is meaningful enough to you it will never lose its beauty, besides I never intend on getting old.
Maybe its just the influence of images of Freja Beha Erichson and the Suicide Girls, or me going through a rebellious stage but I think sometimes that they can be really beautiful. It is a work of art.

Here are some I came across that I really liked...













I speant a while contemplating this one thinking that it should say 'heart' and not 'bliss' but I think that is what makes this one so personal. Perhaps this person doesn't believe in love. The idea of the heart monitor suggests they live life on the edge and perhaps they like their relationships the same way.


This is another one people may percieve as stupid, but what if Spiderman is this guys hero and always has been since age 4. If he is this old and still regards him as a hero why not. Maybe he is scared he will forget his childhood hero, or maybe he is just following his childhood dream to be Spiderman when he grows up.


I like this one because what it says on the post stamp could be an important day to a person. A day they never want to forget. Maybe even your birthdate and place could go there.


 
I'm a cynic and like the idea of having eyes on the back of my head.
Girls can be such bitches.

J xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment