Sunday, February 27, 2011

ANNA WINTOUR: BEHIND THE SHADES

Last week, some world events took place made me rethink my priorities in life and the worthiness of some of the content I blog about. My interest in blogging about fashion has dropped hard like bad shares.

What I am still interested in though, is ambitious people that inspire me. Cue Anna Wintour. Oh how I would love to sit on your shoulder and have you over for dinner one day.

I don't know why the media continue to portray Anna Wintour as the ice queen she isn't. Come on America. We're so tired of it - get a new gig. And PS: The Devil Wears Prada was the most ridiculous movie ever.


I really don't know why people have a problem with Anna being decisive, direct, honest and ambitious with zero tolerance for nonsense. She's self-contained and guarded, but does that mean she's a bad person like they make her out to be? If she was a man, would they still call her Nuclear Wintour or Darth Vader with a frock on? I doubt it.

What I really like are the unpredictable small bursts of warmth. She has a really great smile that makes me like her more and more each time.

I just watched this 60 Minutes documentary  where they tried to portray her as an ice queen, but you know what, I thought it was unoriginal and didn't buy into it.


Watch CBS News Videos Online

I hope you can look past the terrible interviewer, Morley Safer, and his condescending attitude. That was such lame interviewing, Morely. You heard me.

Hopefully you can just see Anna for what she is: an inspiration, an excellent business woman and awesome strategist.

No comments:

Post a Comment