Friday, December 17, 2010

AT THE MOVIES: THE TOURIST

This morning, my husband and I were stuck at a set of traffic lights behind a bus. We noticed this advert on the back of the bus:
Me: "Hey there's an advert for The Tourist."
Husband: "A lot of people who have seen that movie and they said it sucked."
Me: "Really?"
Husband: "You want to see it for Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie aye."
Me: "No. Paris and Venice actually."

As soon as I got home, I was on IMDB. The Tourist has received 6.0 stars out of 10, but only 3,032 users have voted so far. It's still early days, so there may be hope. I will decide when I see it myself.
The tabloids were thrilled when they heard Angelina and Johnny Depp were starring in this movie together. They pumped out one silly story after another, while waiting with baited breath for their on screen romance to become reality. How boring...

I've never been excited about Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie being in a movie together because they do not have ANY on screen chemistry. They should have cast Jason Statham instead!
I had higher hopes for Johnny Depp's character - he seems submissive and wimpy in the way he talks and acts, even for an innocent man who has been targeted (see the trailer below). Don't get me wrong - Johnny Depp is the best actor ever, but for an action movie like this, we want to see a tough guy. Please make way for Jason Statham!  

TRAILER:



UPDATED ON 4 JAN 2011: Went to see this movie last week and it was dirt poor. My rating: 3 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment