Monday, June 1, 2009

The Red Room.


For some reason I really like this picture; its composure. Its ironic, for a start, 'HAPPY' in addition there is no way she is going to eat that but I can't tell if her red connotations convey her self hatred or her struggling to resist the cake infront of her or whether this is a scene from Wisteria Lane, and she is practicing the way in which she will dissect her husband when he get home from cheating with his brunette sexetary. The options for stories are, for me, what makes an interesting photograph because this isn't a photograph, it is a piece of drama or entertainment. It may seem rather cheesy or cheap with the bright colours used but the truth is that if it were dull I wouldn't of looked at it twice. It would be another one of those boring photographs that stuck up men pay ridiculous amounts of money for solely to ensure everyone else in the room knows who is the emperor of the pack. Most photography I like is fashion photography or things that seem random or like a real life moment of spontanuity: parties, objects in the wrong environment, people looking glamourously trashy, or anything in anyway related to the Renaissance period, but this does, for some reason, appeal to me.

Something just now made me feel this is from some form of 'Next Top Model' show.
Why is it that that connection can all of a sudden ruin something for me? I mean those are good shows, or atleast the Australia one with Alice Burdeu was, but that again may be due to Alice herself, for she is one of (if not exclusively) the only winning models from these shows to make it remotely big in the business. I saw she had it in her from the start.
The quality of the chosen candidates for these shows is often really poor. For example the Britains Next Top Model candidates this year; no offence to Daisy but she has a lopsided mouth, or chin, or messed up face. She looks like Anita Shah from The Apprentice with her upside-down mouth mixed with Lorraines nose. I can't even watch it, although The Apprentice I can handle, I just have to wear a blindfold whenever Lorraine is on screen.

(left Anita, right Lorraine)
For Daisy I would check her video out on the BNTM website. No photo does her mouth/chin proper justice.





Erghh. Rant over. :)
Thanks for the comments and anyone who has told me they added me on their blogroll I have returned the favour x

No comments:

Post a Comment